Monday, May 07, 2007

FINALLY!

Parking $10

Tickets to cypress gardens $43.49

Dinner for the kids $9


Being able to FINALLY see Big & Rich and have a picnic with the kids - Priceless...


Ok cheesey I know but it's soo true. After 2 and a half years of waiting to see B & R I finally had my chance this past Saturday! On my way to the mall to pick up some gifts that I needed I heard a commercial on the radio that B & R with Cowboy Troy would be at Cypress Gardens - which is just less than an hour from the house. So I happened to be on the phone with my mom, I had her check it out for me. Lo and behold it was Saturday night. I called DH and asked him what he thought about me going. His answer was simple "if you and the kids want to go"
OF COURSE I WANT TO GO!!!! So I asked DD if she wanted to go see a concert - with the guy who sings the "chicken and the train song" she got all excited so after the mall we grabbed some lunch, ran home and then we were back out of the house.


We explored a little of cypress gardens took in some animal exhibits and then a few rides. I grabbed dinner for the kids and then it was off to the "Starlight Amphitheater". After a couple of opening acts it was time for THE Big & Rich. They opened up with "Comin' to your City" and from that point on we were given a full 2 hour show featuring them and three songs by Cowboy Troy. "I play chicken with the train" made DD so happy and then he preformed his new song "Hic Chick" so now thats her newest "Can I hear it?" song. B & R did a great tribute to our veterns with 8th of November and then closed out the show with "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" after a short break it was time for the Encore and one of my personal faves "Rollin'".
After we made it back to the car I put DD in and she was singing to herself "Save a horse ride a cowboy.." so I think it's safe to assume she like her mommy had a GREAT time! They were WELL worth the wait!


Yesterday we headed to Epcot for more of the Flower and Garden Festival. We had a chance to take in the Jr. Chef program in living with the land where the kids get a chance to help bake chocolate chip cookies... It was TOO cute and DD did such a great job following directions. She made 2 cookies and after seeing Crush ate both them without even sharing. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen her so proud of herself!

Overall it was a VERY busy and full weekend but we all had a great time!

No comments: